- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
- Green healthcare: first infection prevention sustainability conference leads the way
Posted on  by
Our labels are changing in 2020
Labels are vitally important. Not only do they have to meet regulatory requirements and safety standards, they also need to be user-friendly and provide helpful information to those using our products.
Daniels Healthcare labels are changing in 2020 to reflect a few key developments and to address user-needs. Here’s an overview of those changes.
Firstly, there has been an update to the ISO23907 Sharps Injury Protection Standard. Daniels already met most of these new requirements with the 2012 standard but there are some additional safety aspects that we had to meet:
- The “pocket” size sharps containers, 0.6l and lower capacity now have a fill line included to ensure that the contents are at a safe distance from the aperture. This means our 0.5l, 0.6l and mini containers now have a fill line;
- A more stringent needle penetration resistance test;
- A more stringent topple test which means greater confidence that there will be no spills.
Secondly, all labels will now have a GS1 barcode for improved stock control and traceability. You can read more about this on our GS1 barcode information page. In addition, the UN code has had the year of manufacture updated which gives further traceability of when containers were manufactured.
We are always interested in how we can further support our front-line consumers when they are using our products on a day-to-day basis. So, when we heard that the ‘order of completion’ on our labels meant that the final endorsement was on occasion being missed, we listened. We have changed the order to facilitate people completing these.
Finally, we have updated the label with our new logo which now reflects Daniels Healthcare being part of the Mauser Packaging Solutions brand.
Here is a quick diagram to point out the changes in the label for you: