- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
- Green healthcare: first infection prevention sustainability conference leads the way
Posted on  by
The Handling of Sharps and Sharps Containers is Your Responsibility [Video]
Original published on 9 January 2013. Updated 15 April 2023.
Our commitment to providing high-quality products and excellent customer support is integral to everything we do. As part of our service, we ensure that you, our valued customer and your teams, are fully informed on the proper use of our SHARPSGUARD® containers.
To help with this, we have created this short video to highlight the importance of your responsibility in disposing of sharps and using our containers safely.
As a summary:
- Assemble container correctly.
- Use the temporary closure between use.
- Fill in the label with where the container is being used, who started it the date it was started.
- Store the container in a safe place.
- Lock container when it is full or ready for disposal.
- Finalise the label with when the container is in its final closure.
- Store safely ready for disposal.
If you have any questions regarding the use, handling and disposal of our SHARPSGUARD® range of containers, or if you’d like more information, please give our Customer Support team a call on 01865 371 841 or contact your area manager.