- Daniels Healthcare hits manufacturing milestone of 1 million theatre+ containers
- [CASE STUDY] Royal Devon University Healthcare Returns to Daniels
- Pete Williamson Celebrates 25 Years with Daniels
- Hillingdon Hospital raves about our CPD Sharps Awareness Workshop
- Understanding plastics with safety and the planet in mind
Posted on  by
The Handling of Sharps and Sharps Containers is Your Responsibility [Video]
We take great pride in the quality of our products and the way in which we support and train our customers in using them. Part of our service is ensuring that you, our customer, are fully informed as are the staff who will be physically using the containers on a day to day basis.
This short video gives you a brief guide to highlight that all the factors relating to the use of SHARPSGUARD® containers are your responsibility (to ensure the safe disposal of sharps and correct use of the container).
As a summary:
- Store the container in a safe place
- Ensure that the lid is correctly fitted
- Ensure that you fill out the label correctly
- Only dispose of Sharps in the container
- When the container is NOT in use, make sure the temporary closure is used
- When the container reaches the FULL line (or is as in accordance with the Trust’s policy) – engage the permanent lock and endorse the label
- Dispose of the container when FULL, according to your Trust’s Policy
If you have any questions regarding the use, handling and disposal of our SHARPSGUARD® range of containers, please feel free to ask the question in our comments section below and I’d be happy to answer you.
This video has been kindly demonstrated by our very own sales and support team. If you have any questions or want to know more about our customer support framework or about our SHARPSGUARD® range of containers in general – please contact our Customer Support team on 01865 371 841 or Tweet us. (Let them know you saw this video post.)Handling of Sharps Container, Product Video, Sharps Container Use, Sharps Safety