- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
- Green healthcare: first infection prevention sustainability conference leads the way
Posted on  by
EU Exit – our preparations for the end of the transition period
We are preparing for the outcome of the ongoing EU Exit negotiations and the imminent end of the transition period on 31 December 2020.
Our priority when assessing EU Exit is to reduce disruption to our customers. Although no business can plan with full certainty on the impact of the EU Exit, Daniels Healthcare is committed to supporting our customers to ensure the continuity of production and distribution in these unpredictable circumstances.
As the UK market leader for sharps and clinical waste containers, you can be confident that we will monitor the information from negotiations and respond to changing circumstances as and when they present themselves.
If you are a customer and purchase products directly from Daniels Healthcare, then read on to find out what we are doing to mitigate any potential risks which may arise and what you can do to plan ahead.
If you receive products through a distributor, such as NHS Supply Chain, then rest assured that we are already having detailed conversations with these suppliers to assess demand and safeguard supplies.
Following a review of supply and logistic arrangements, the main risk we have to mitigate against is the potential for delay in receiving certain products and raw materials from our network of international suppliers.
In response to this, we will increase stocks of plastic resin to ensure any short-term disruption to our raw material supply chain post EU Exit does not affect our day-to-day production. We believe this approach gives us maximum flexibility when planning for the unknown. Two further notes of reassurance:
- Production and distribution of the SHARPSGUARD® range is carried out entirely within the UK. By increasing our stocks of plastic resin, we are confident this will allow us to manufacture product on demand rather than committing to stockpiling any one particular line.
- The WIVA™ range is manufactured in the Netherlands, therefore we have analysed “business as usual” demand and will increase stocks held on the UK mainland accordingly.
We anticipate that many customers will want to build their own buffer stocks to give further security of supply. We ask that all purchase orders for stocks outside of usual demand levels are placed with us as soon as possible and dated for delivery before the end of November. Due to the seasonal demand in December, we will not be accepting any orders that fall out of ordinary buying patterns.