- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
- Green healthcare: first infection prevention sustainability conference leads the way
Posted on  by
Supporting the COVID-19 vaccination programme
We are rolling up our sleeves to support the national COVID-19 vaccination programme
Since the vaccine rollout announcement in December 2020, the whole Daniels Healthcare team have worked tirelessly to ensure the continual supply of sharps containers to vaccination centres across the UK.
Working closely with the NHS and HSE to help facilitate the timely and safe administering of the vaccine, Daniels Healthcare has manufactured and delivered:
- 100% of vaccination centre sharps containers to Scotland;
- 100% of vaccination sharps containers to Northern Ireland;
- Around two-thirds of vaccination sharps containers to England; and
- The majority of vaccination sharps containers to the Republic of Ireland.
Steven Boyle, National Sales Manager, Daniels Healthcare, said:
“The vaccinators and volunteers have done an amazing job in getting millions of people vaccinated.
We’ve been working in partnership with the vaccination centres and NHS to ensure they have the right containers, in the right place, and the right time.
As a team, we are extremely proud to be able to support the programme roll-out – from accounts, logistics, manufacturing and customer service – everyone here has played a crucial role and we have great pride in knowing that our containers are helping the UK get another step closer to normality.”
Tanya Harrison, Marketing Assistant, Daniels Healthcare, adds:
“It is uplifting to see influencers and celebrities like Dr Alex George inspiring us to get the vaccine and seeing Daniels containers in use in centres across the UK.
We are honoured that Daniels products are the UK’s vaccination sharps container of choice. And, we are not slowing down! We will continue to provide the crucial supplies, support and free training materials to our healthcare heroes to help protect everyone from COVID-19.”
Click here for the Daniels Healthcare videos which show how to use our products, and click here for our free container training materials including downloadable posters on assembly, use and disposal.