- Across the borders: How NHS Scotland is taking the lead in the race to net zero
- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
Posted on  by
IPS Award Nominations 2018
We sponsor the “Team Of The Year” award at the annual Infection Prevention Society conference awards ceremony. It’s an award that is close to our hearts and we enjoy the stories behind the teams who are nominated.
The IPS has just announced that nominations for the 2018 awards are now open! IPS President, Dr Neil Wigglesworth says “IPS is delighted to recognise the commitment and incredible hard work of our members, our branches and the infection prevention community. Every year we see fantastic examples of innovation and dedication to preventing infections in all health and care settings.”
The IPS Award Categories
There are four categories which you or one of your staff / team members can look at being nominated for:
- IPS Practitioner of the Year
- IPS Team of the Year (sponsored by us)
- IPS Branch/Special Interest Group of the Year
- IPS Link Practitioner of the Year
The closing date for nominations is Friday 8th June 2018.
The criteria for ‘Team of the Year’ Award
You can find out all about the requirements for all of the awards on the IPS website. But, for this award, which we sponsor – the nominated applicants must:
- demonstrate links to the IPS Strategy themes of Inform, Promote and Sustain and its objectives
- map their initiatives against the IPS Outcome Competences Framework
- aim to demonstrate clear outcomes and be able to show that their initiative has improved practice or has a significant potential to improve practice in IPC and reduced risks to patients and service users.
If you would like to nominate your team for the award – be sure to complete the 2018 IPS short online survey form to start your application process.
Previous winners of Team of the Year’
In 2013 we were pleased to see the Infection Prevention & Control team from University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust (pictured above) win the award with their “StoolSmart” campaign. Read more about that here.
In 2016 we were chuffed to see the North Yorkshire Community Infection Prevention and Control Team at Harrogate District NHS Foundation Trust, win the award. (Picture above). According to the judges, the team’s “can do, will do” attitude resulted in the production of high quality online educational resources for infection prevention control in the community, which aims to improve standards and reduce healthcare associated infection. Dee Ward, wrote a bit more about that one here.
We would like to wish all nominations for the 2018 awards the very best of luck and we look forward to seeing you up on the stage at the 2018 IPS conference soon!