- Daniels Healthcare hits manufacturing milestone of 1 million theatre+ containers
- [CASE STUDY] Royal Devon University Healthcare Returns to Daniels
- Pete Williamson Celebrates 25 Years with Daniels
- Hillingdon Hospital raves about our CPD Sharps Awareness Workshop
- Understanding plastics with safety and the planet in mind
Posted on  by
What do the different lid colours mean on the Daniels sharps containers?
All of our SHARPSGUARD® containers and lids are colour co-ordinated for good reason. The kinds of waste that you need to dispose of are all very different and need to be handled differently.
The Department of Health’s HTM07-01 Safe management of healthcare waste guidance document outlines the colour-coded system, which ensures that the person handling the sharp knows exactly which container or bin to use. This short video explains the system in a clear and concise manner: click here for the video.