- Across the borders: How NHS Scotland is taking the lead in the race to net zero
- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
Posted on  by
What do the different lid colours mean on the Daniels sharps containers?
All of our SHARPSGUARD® containers and lids are colour co-ordinated for good reason. The kinds of waste that you need to dispose of are all very different and need to be handled differently.
The Department of Health’s HTM07-01 Safe management of healthcare waste guidance document outlines the colour-coded system, which ensures that the person handling the sharp knows exactly which container or bin to use. This short video explains the system in a clear and concise manner: click here for the video.