- Festive Season Ordering Dates – 2023
- Partnering for a greener future | Shared values and sustainability across the Irish Sea
- Team Focus | Anna McEwen, Business Development Manager, South East
- Decoding NHS England’s 20-20-60 Waste Segregation Targets
- Green healthcare: first infection prevention sustainability conference leads the way
Posted on  by
How to use the temporary and permanent closure on SHARPSGUARD® containers [Video]
Original published on 9-June-2013. Updated 10 April 2023.
For any procedure involving Sharps you will be using the appropriately required personal protection equipment like goggles, gloves and apron – so try to think of the temporary and permanent closures of the Sharps containers as part of your PPE.
Here are some things to remember:
- When moving a container for any reason, ensure that you engage the temporary closure
- When you leave a container unattended or it isn’t in use, use the temporary closure.
- When the contents of the container reach the fill line – or the container needs disposing of in accordance with your Trust’s guidelines – then slide the door tightly across until you hear a positive “click”.
- This means that the container is in its final locked position and ready to be disposed of, with the contents safely sealed inside.
- Remember to complete the label to provide the date when the container has been closed permanently and who has closed the container.
We have these two short videos to help demonstrate this easily for you below.
Video 1: Temporary and Permanent Closure for round containers
Video 2: Temporary and Permanent Closure for our smaller 1L containers
If you have any questions relating to the temporary or permanent closures of your SHARPSGUARD® container, or if you’d like more information, please give our Customer Support team a call on 01865 371 841 or contact your area manager.